Thursday, September 27, 2007

Allen Wrenches and Pressed Wood

Man, oh Man! The wife and I finally made it to Ikea last week and scored some "temporary" furniture. When I first went to Ikea back in 1993 I bought a desk, entertainment center and a sofa (actually Mema bought that). The entertainment center and desk were pretty crappy. God forbid you got a little too aggressive with the allen wrench. If you did, chances are your would mess up the tender pressed wood. The messed up that desk for a number of reasons. The person who used the desk was pretty unhappy. The entertainment unit lasted an amazing five long years. The sofa was the best purchase of all and I believe is still being used by my old landlord (Tommy Marinos). Fourteen years later I have to say that the pressed wood furniture is pretty solid and they have upgraded their other offerings. Leading me to believe that this furniture could survive three boys abuse over the next 17 years. So, we bought the following:

- Modular file cabinet
- Desk (best $87 bucks I spent all week)
- Storage Unit for the kids room

The furniture has gotten simpler to put together and it all looks pretty good. I managed to put all three together in about 4 hours. I think it took me four hours to put the desk together in 1993.

2 comments:

wrenches said...

Reading your article should be a priority in order to get information concerning this subject. Congratulations, you did a fine job!

wrenches said...

Impact wrenches are widely used in both household and industrial applications, and they differ according to the precise mechanism that they use