Saturday, November 3, 2007

Oh, Sh**! Part 2

If you were a fan of Oh! Sh*** The Joys of Ownership, well here comes part 2. Last night the gurgling returned. The only difference this time is that we were on our own- No Uncle John or my faithful Father In Law -- Kaz!. It didn't make it back to and out of the toilet this time-- That is the good news.
Around 10pm we were alerted by our diligent tenant-- Kelly-- that she heard gurgling again. After a quick call to review instructions with Kaz, I was off to the basement to get it done.

- I opened up the sewer drain
- Instead of back up in the bathroom my drain was filled to the rim, and it wasn't Brim
- Note: You always knock off the drain cap closer to the street.
- I did this and the drain pit started draining.
- As soon as muck cleared I began plunging the stuck pipe.
- Something gave way and we were back in business.
- I cleared the remaining Muck out of the drain.

Time to finish-- roughly 20 minutes.

Most notably, I went down to the basement at least 5 times today. Call me paranoid-- It makes sense. Next up-- the plumber comes to figure out why we have had a crappy couple of weeks in the basement.

No comments: