Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Kitchen!!!

The kitchen is gutted. I really did not think we were gutting it but I guess my ideas and my wife's ideas are two different ideas.
Cabinets are on order. They should be here in, hopefully, in 2 to 3 weeks. The electrician has started working. Frank plumber comes tomorrow to move the gas line for our stove and for the dryer on the 3rd floor.
I guess as a first time home owner and a first time renovator you really do not realize what goes in to doing a kitchen and how many steps are involved. You have to to follow a certain order and each steps depends on the other. Some things like the counter top cannot be ordered until after the cabinets are installed. Then we have to wait two weeks for the counter top to be cut and installed, then we can install the back splash.
You need a lot of patience to do a kitchen. No matter how good your contractor is, if you want a nice kitchen, you want nice materials (i.e. granite counter tops, etc), then you have to wait for them.
I think it will be worth it all in the end.

Just hoping it will be done for Christmas. The wife is planing a big party!!!

No comments: